2012年6月5日星期二

How To SEO Optimize Your Blogger Blog Titles For Higher Search Results

原文地址: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-seo-optimize-your-blogger-blog-titles-for-higher-search-results/

2012-6-7更新:
I just tried that but I get this error when saving.

Your template could not be parsed as it is not well-formed. Please make sure that all XML elements are closed properly.
XML error message: Open quote is expected for attribute “{1}” associated with an element type “cond”.
  • effendiNovember 23, 2009
    please change the character “`” after cond= and before >
    with the same character

As some of you may know for my previous post here on MUO about NaNoWriMo, where I set up a blog about me writing a novel in thirty days. Normally when I set up a blog it becomes like a new-born child to me ““ I nurture it, I take care of it, I fight off the spammers and so on. And as I’m sure Ryan, our SEO guy here at MUO will testify to, SEO is important to any blog – especially in the early stages.


As he discussed here in How To Start A Blog That Gets Instant Traffic, it’s vitally important that you write content that is SEO optimized for search engine traffic. Yet there is one SEO trick that is overlooked quite a lot by Blogger users which could boost their traffic; how they appear in the search results. And I’m not talking about where they appear, but howthey appear.

Below is a screenshot of my new blog in the Google search results next to MakeUseOf in the search results. Notice anything different between the two SEO-wise?






It’s in the titles. You can see that my blog’s title is NovelInThirtyDays. Now for some reason I can’t see many people Googling that anytime soon. However, look at the MUO title: “˜Cool Websites, Software and Internet Tips‘. Many more people will Google things like that, thus driving more traffic to the site.




So in short, my advice is to change how your blog’s title appears in the search results. One of the best ways to do this for a small to medium blog is to reverse the order in which the blog title and post title are displayed so that the post title comes first. This will SEO optimize every post.

Here’s how.

Log into the Blogger dashboard and select your blog. For demonstration purposes we’ll be breaking out the MUO test blog again. By the way, it has changed significantly in appearance since my last blogger post, because I used it to test coding and themes.



Select your blog and then click “˜Layout‘ along the top. Underneath this, select “˜Edit HTML‘.

Using CTRL + F, find the following piece of HTML code:

<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title>




In most templates it’s around 5-10 lines from the top. Replace that code with the following code:

<b:if cond=`data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot;’>
<title><data:blog.title/></title>
<b:else/>
<title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title>
</b:if>



Once you have pasted that into the HTML as shown in the above screenshot, your Post titles should appear first in Google search results (not immediately though, Google will have to crawl your blog first before it changes).

However, the SEO optimized results will be noticeable immediately in the tab along the top of your browser.

So now when people search a phrase that appears in the title of a post on your blog, your post will appear higher in the search results. This is a much more likely scenario than someone searching for the actual title of your blog.

For more tips about how to SEO optimize your blog so it gets more traffic, see Ryan’s post entitled How To Start A Blog That Gets Instant Traffic.

For more ‘Blogger’ tips see my recent article entitled 4 Easy Tips to Improve Your Blogger Blog.

2 条评论: